HOW TO CHOOSE A MATTRESS
How to Choose a Mattress
Portland OR – Gresham – Vancouver WA
If you’re struggling to get a healthy amount of sleep per night and just can’t seem to get comfortable, it may be time to reconsider your compatibility with your mattress. Choosing an effective and comfortable mattress is not a one size fits all situation. The perfect mattress for you depends on how you sleep, your body type, and what kind of climate you prefer to sleep in. Purchasing a mattress that’s in alignment with your needs just may save your restless nights and sore mornings.
To understand what mattress is perfect for you, you’ll have to consider your price range and the best level of firmness to support your spine. Here are the most common mattresses available for purchase today:
- An innerspring mattress is a traditional and popular option that offers individuals firm support. This type of mattress derives its firmness from the steel coils embedded inside of it. Because of the space between the coils that make up the support system, air is more easily able to circulate inside the mattress allowing coolness.
- A memory foam mattress is made of compact polyurethane foam that conforms to the body when put under pressure. This is a popular option among couples as the softness level distributes less motion from one side of the mattress to the other.
- A hybrid mattress is a great option for couples with different preferences regarding firmness and comfort. In simple terms, a hybrid mattress is a firm coil support system blanketed by a pad of memory foam. This kind of mattress offers both firm support and enough softness for both parties.
When selecting the most comfortable mattress, taking into account what kind of sleeper you are plays a big role. When sleeping, proper spine alignment is important to your health and may even affect your quality of sleep. Here are the three main types of sleepers and what mattresses are best suited to support them.
- Back Sleepers: This position is highly recommended by doctors for spine alignment and quality sleep. A medium-firm mattress is ideal for this position. A mattress too soft or too firm could force the spine out of alignment in this position.
- Side Sleepers: This is the position more preferable among sleepers. Having a soft to medium firmness mattress is ideal for this position as you don’t want to put too much weight on your hips and shoulders.
- Stomach Sleepers: While this is considered one of the worst positions for your spine, there are methods to adjust alignment. A firmer mattress is recommended for stomach sleepers. A softer mattress would allow your stomach to sink into the mattress curving your spine, which no one wants!
Quality Mattresses on Sale
Everyone knows the significance of getting a good night’s sleep. If you’re in the Vancouver WA or Portland OR area and you want to improve your sleep quality with a new mattress and save some money, look no further than Furniture Shack. We’re happy to help you select an affordable mattress option based on your preferences and needs. Contact us today!
Not Seeing What You’re Looking For?
We special-order furniture every week, also at discounted prices.
Place an order using the button below and we’ll do our best to find what you’re looking for!
How to Choose a Mattress near Portland OR and Vancouver WA
Our Furniture Showroom on Airport Way in Portland OR Serves the Following Areas: